Artificial grass has undergone a remarkable transformation from its initial incarnation as an ersatz, synthetic green covering. Nowadays, it stands as a highly sought-after choice for both homeowners and businesses, offering a low-maintenance and aesthetically pleasing substitute for natural grass. Should you be contemplating the installation of artificial grass, it’s imperative to acquaint yourself with the forthcoming steps in the process to guarantee a triumphant and gratifying outcome. Here is an overview of what you can anticipate during the procedure.
- Commencing the process necessitates the removal of any existing grass, unwanted leafage, and topsoil, excavating to a depth ranging between 1.5 to 4 inches.
- Subsequently, meticulous grading is executed to ensure the establishment of an effective drainage system.
- When deemed necessary, a strategic placement of a weed deterrent layer is undertaken to thwart the growth of unwanted flora through the artificial turf.
- Establishing a sturdy and resilient foundation is pivotal, thus necessitating the incorporation of a foundational layer constructed from crushed rock or decomposed granite, which is then consolidated to form a stable underpinning.
- To achieve a level and polished surface, a stratum of sand is then incorporated and expertly leveled.
Installation of Synthetic Turf
- The artificial grass is elegantly unfurled over the meticulously prepared base and artfully tailored to fit the designated area.
- Seamlessly, the turf’s segments are harmoniously melded together, employing either a specialized adhesive or turf tape.
- Securing the turf to the foundation is accomplished by means of stakes or nails, rendering a stable and enduring bond.
Application of Infill
- Infill material is then introduced onto the turf to foster an upright posture and deliver a cushioning effect.
- The selection of infill is contingent upon the intended usage and may encompass options such as sand, rubber, or a fusion of both materials.
- The peripheries of the artificial turf are meticulously trimmed to conform to the designated area.
- Any excessive infill is later carefully removed, and the turf is meticulously brushed to ensure the fibres are erect and uniformly aligned.
It’s imperative to bear in mind that the installation process may temporarily spoil the landscape’s appearance, as the preliminary phases involve significant upheaval. However, the eventual outcome more than compensates for any transitory inconvenience or expense incurred. It is advisable to contact professionals. That is where GardenMore shines. With a team of skilled landscape designers who specialise in crafting beautiful outdoor spaces, GardenMore can transform your vision into reality. Trust us to evaluate your property, harness our knowledge, and create stunning, low-maintenance landscapes that will enhance your surroundings.