Every homeowner might find vertical gardening a really interesting activity. If you don’t have enough horizontal space, want to cover up the unsatisfactory wall, or experiment a bit, it is an alternate form of gardens. Some of the primary advantages of a vertical garden are the additional isolation layer, the coolness of dwellings in summer, improvement of air quality, and the reduction of noises. Learn how by following our tutorial to make your own garden wall art.
Vertical Gardening Basics: Prepare your garden structure before the plantation begins. Make space for the plants you wish to cultivate. Join structures such as a ladder to the base or fix big containers to the walls. The structures attached here allow you to produce, viticulture, vegetables, herbs, and flowers in your vertical garden. Now create your new vertical garden. Vertical Garden Melbourne
Step by step guide for building a vertical garden
- Pick a vertical garden style: Vertical Garden installation has many variants. You can build anything – wood, pallets, barrels, walls, felt or canvas pocket, old cupboards, etc. but you may always visit a professional gardener who gives you excellent suggestions if you are new to gardening.
- Choose the right plants: You must select on the plants you want before you begin creating your outdoor or indoor vertical garden. From succulents, grasses, veggies, permanent food and heifers you can make pretty much everything. You should take care of their elasticity too because you want to expand them vertically.
- Choose the right place: Your vertical garden may be practically placed anywhere. But sun exposure is the only factor that you should take into consideration. The plant you choose to cultivate determines where vertical gardening exactly begins. You may start creating your vertical garden once you have discovered how your plants grow best Vertical garden installation service in melbourne.
- Build the Structure: Now construct the structure that will house your plants. A traditional vertical gardening setup comprises of three layers: frame, plastic sheeting, and fabric. To begin, PVC pipes should be used for the frame. Second, secure the plastic sheet to the frame. It will support the fabric while also keeping water away from the vertical garden wall. Finish by securing the fabric to the frame. This fabric will store water and serve as a habitat for your plants.
- Implement some fundamental planting practices: Make certain you’re familiar with certain gardening best practices. Because vertical gardens dry very rapidly, it’s important to use planting soil. When it comes to planting, gravity is also a significant influence. Plants that don’t require a lot of water should go on top. Plants that require a lot of water should be placed near the bottom of the garden to avoid drying out too quickly.
- Begin to plant horizontally: You may need to follow this advice depending on the style you’ve chosen. You should initially attempt growing your plants horizontally to get an amazing look with your vertical garden. So, whether you’re using a wooden pallet or a panel system, position it horizontally and wait a few weeks for the roots to establish themselves in the soil and if you begin to plant vertically it may lead to weaker roots.
- Install a Sprinkler System: Because vertical gardens depend on less soil, so they usually require more attention and irrigation. The larger the wall, the greater the requirement for a drip watering system.
We propose the following greens for your Vertical Garden Melbourne:
- Sword fern
- Money plant or golden pothos
- Goliath lilyturf
- Peace lily
- Wedding vines / Wisteria flowers
For more information, visit our website: or contact us at 0415 090 719